CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Open Defiance

Eli is now able to openly be defiant. When I try to feed him something that he does not want he will shake his head no at me. That is what I said he shakes his head NO! A part of me is very excited about this. This means that he has the ability to have an opinion. He is not a compliant robot that does whatever someone wants. On the other hand this brings the reality to me that my son is human. I like to think that he is perfect even though I know that is not true. Undoubtedly my son needs the Lord. He is a precious gift from God and I pray every day that he will return his life to God. I pray that no matter what my son grows up to be, a doctor, a teacher, a trash man, whatever the Lord has for him I pray that him and his family will serve the Lord. I fail so often at showing him that direction. I know that God is bigger than myself and he will surround my son with Godly people in his life. Lately I have constantly been reminded that it takes a whole village to raise a child no just his parents. May I never take it upon myself to meet all my sons needs. God may you be the guide in our home.

1 comments:

belinda said...

He's pretty smart (& naughty) to have figured that one out so quickly. Now the fun begins!