CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Your almost a Month Old!


Eli Andrew,



On Monday you will already be a month old. I would like to tell you some things that I adore about you so that I might not forget.

1.I love your smiles. They may only be from gas, but they bring lot of joy to my life!

2.Hercules loves you. We did not know how he would take to another person, but he is always sitting by you and protecting you. You don't even mind when he gives you a few licks every now and then, just not on the mouth please!

3. You only get up once at night. We praise God for that, because I am not one to handle lack of sleep well.

4. Everyone thinks your adorable. I promised myself that I would try not to be naive to what you really looked like, but you are the most beautiful child I have ever saw. I'm gonna have to say it is because you are related to me and your father:)

5.Your dad loves your more than I could have imagined. He is great at changing your diaper and he loves to read you your little Bible every night. On most days you spend some amount of times playing video games with him. By this I mean he plays video games while he holds you. Bad habits already. I'm so thankful that your dad has been home to help me. You have an amazing example of a godly man in your life. Always take notes.

6.You like to be held ALOT! And guess what, we love to hold you. I love to kiss your face and give you Eskimo kisses.

7. You have gained a pound for the last two weeks. I never imagined I would be proud of someone for being a good eater, but I am. Good job! You are a big healthy boy.

8. Last Sunday we dedicated you at Springhill. God has given you to us, but we can't raise you without Him. I am so undeserving of you. I pray that we can give you back to God everyday and never try to do this huge task ourselves.

9.You family love you so much. You are the first grand baby and you are everything they hoped for. Your Papaw and Nana think the world of you. Your Memaw, Bops, and Autie Erin love you so much. Everyone always love to come see you and gloat over you.

10.You are starting to make little noises besides crying. I love them. They are the funnies things I have every heard.

I look forward to watching you grow. You will always be my little boy.

They always say the love you have for you child is one that you can't imagine until you have him. Well your dad and I love you more than you will ever imagine. We love you more and more each day. We pray every night that you will love the Lord and become the man He would have you to be.

I'm sorry for the times we are going to fail you, but we will always do our best.

We love you to the moon and back,

Mommy

5 comments:

Amanda said...

This is so sweet Mindy. You are definitely not seeing things, he is an especially beautiful baby. I can't wait to hold his little self one day.

Erin Ward said...

this was very sweet. it almost made me cry. i love that little man.

belinda said...

That makes me even more anxious to see him next weekend! I have to go get a kleenex now!

Memaw

Heather said...

This is so sweet. You and Andy are great parents! And you have many who agree with you that he is a beautiful baby.

Lindsay Dunning said...

Awe! That gave me goosebumps. So sweet. Can't wait to see him next weekend. I hope he enjoys his first cardinals game :)